Marine Safety Officer
MARINE SAFETY OFFICER
• Be suitably experienced in offshore vessel operations and hold International Marine Qualification with a minimum of STCW II/2 or III/2.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English
• Hold an HSE Certificate of a similar standard to the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
• Able to conduct Safety Inspections on owner assets which will include vessels and facilities.
• Able to work with vessel Captains, ensuring knowledge of marine procedures and compliance.
• Able to provide HSE training to the contractor workforce, both onshore and offshore.
• Able to work closely with Charterer, Marine Department Quality Assurance and Compliance Unit (QA&CU) to identify and take remedial action in areas where safety can be improved.
• Able to conduct Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis as required and participate in accident / incident investigations.
• Valid National CoC II/2 or III/2.
• Valid STCW Certificate
• H2S Awareness Certificate
• ISM Code Certificate
• NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
• Valid Seaman Book including sea service pages
• Valid Medical Fitness Certificate
• 1-Year Contract (auto renewed)
• Rotation: 4 months ON, 2 months OFF
• Duty Hours 12 per day, 7 days a week
• Accommodation provided by the company.
• Transportation from accommodation to work and vice versa provided.
• Salary: USD 4000 per ON month, off unpaid.
Basic Wages 2200
Fixed OT 1550
Food Allowance 250